Sunrise and golden hour seascape photography workshop at various North Yorkshire Coast locations.
Around 3.5 hours one to one tuition including at least 2.5 hours shooting and 1 hour post processing.
Refreshments included and image review afterwards on the laptop.
Example Locations: Flamborough, Cayton Bay, Saltwick Bay, Filey Brigg, Whitby Pier, Scarborough, Robin Hoods Bay
Once you have booked, I will discuss the location and date with you. If you have a preference, that’s great!
What you will learn
Key elements to taking a great seascape image
- Shutter speed
As well as the basics, we will also look at other important workflow factors
- How and when to use filters and exposure blending
- The exposure triangle – how to properly use shutter speed, aperture and ISO when shooting seascapes and landscapes in general.
- How shutter speed affects the look of water and why this is important in seascapes.
- Valuable tips and tricks to make life easier when shooting seascapes
- How to achieve optimal focus and sharpness in your seascape.
- Post-processing techniques in Lightroom and Photoshop.
What you will need
- Waterproof footwear – Wellies with good grip are recommended.
- Warm clothing. Hat and Gloves are essential. Down or Insulated jacket is recommended.
- Camera (with wide angle lens ideally)
Optional (these will be provided if you don’t have them)
- 10-15 minute phone call or skype session before the workshop so I can tailor the workshop to what you want to achieve or an aspect of seascape photography you particularly want to improve.
- Meet at location 45 minutes before sunrise.
- Sunrise and golden hour shooting (minimum 2.5 hours). Can shoot longer if conditions are ideal.
- De-briefing and refreshment (on me)
- Image post-processing/review for 1 hour in Lightroom and Photoshop
North Yorkshire Coast
15th August 2019 – 15th April 2020
Refreshments (Drink and a snack)
Approx 4 hours including 3.5 hours shooting and post processing work.
Call me direct on 07516 298 550
£99.99 per person (£24.99 deposit)
Transport to the location
You should have a moderate degree of fitness. Althought we will drive to the location so the walking distances will be short, the path down to the coast is often steep. As with any rocky beach it can be slippery so footwear with a good grip is a must. There is no rush so we can take our time.
The workshop is tailored to you so any level of photographer is welcome. For beginners all foundations of landscape photography will be covered. For more experienced photographers more advanced creative techniques will be explored.